Sunway University in Malaysia invites applications for the Postgraduate by Research Scholarship (PGR Scholarship) in 2020.
This is established to encourage good candidates to enrol in a Masters or PhD by research degree programmes offered by Sunway University and to provide benefit and financial assistance to a qualifying candidate by way of a scholarship, thereby supporting enrolment in Sunway University research degree programmes.
On March 18, 2010, the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation was officially launched by the Honourable Prime Minister of Malaysia Dato’ Sri Haji Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak in the presence of the Royal Patron H.R.H the Sultan of Selangor.
This self-perpetuating entity, established by the Founding Trustee, Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah, AO replaces the Sunway Education Trust Fund set up in 1997 which formalised the status of Sunway College as a not-for-profit educational institution.
All surplus funds from the institution are reinvested for scholarships and research as well as upgrading of campus facilities
Worth of Award
The scholarship ranges from half to full tuition waiver
- Applicants must meet all necessary entry requirements for their chosen programme of study and be in receipt of an unconditional offer from the University.*
- Awards made to students under this scheme shall take effect from the 1st day of enrolment and shall, subject to satisfactory performance and successful progression, last for the normal duration of the programme. T
- he University reserves the right to withdraw the award at any time should the student’s behaviour or performance be unsatisfactory, or the student withdraws or is withdrawn from the programme of study.
- * Applicants holding a conditional offer from the University may apply for a studentship or fee waiver: any offer of a studentship or fee waiver will be conditional upon the applicant fulfilling any and all conditions for enrolment on the programme
How to Apply
- Applications for support should be by completing the Postgraduate Research Studentship Application Form upon application into the PGR programme.
- The application form is to be submitted to the School for HOD recommendation and Dean support.
Deadline: The application deadline is July 30th, 2020 (For September 2020 intake)